[PD] pd setup on G5 + Digi 002

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 27 02:35:47 CET 2005

Hello,

we're trying to set up a system for a concert, which is happening on next
Tuesday (very tight schedule).

The system is G5, osX 10.4 (dual 2.7G), Digi 002 firewire (it works, was
tested with max-msp), running PD official 0.39-1.

I'm a bit confused, because I can't find any definitive documentation
about OsX. I mean, in the manual the startup flags are clearly defined for
windows and linux, but I don't know exactly what to write on the G5.
Until now (besides loading libraries) we wrote the parameters -audiodev 2
, which selects the Digi as the audio interface (the other one is the
standard Mac soundcard). Funnily -channels 8 didn't do nothing, they
remained at 2. But then on the audio test patch it isn't possible to get
any sound. On a tryout basis we went through -asio and -pa, but nothing
changed. So I guess pd can identify the card, but it doesn't communicate
with it. And as I can't find a complete list of osX flags, I don't know
which might be missing.

Has anyone any exprience with this environment? We're starting to sweat,
since the concert is in a few days and it's proving to be harder to make
pd work.

Thanks,

João Miguel Pais

--