[PD] PdContainer in Pd devel (was: OSC in pd canonical)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 28 03:49:02 CET 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, james tittle wrote:
> > > I don't think that this will ever happen, because it's written in C++ and
> > > uses
> > > STL ...
> > Quick survey: how open are developers to the following ?
> > (a) inclusion of C++ code in Pd devel branch
> > (b) inclusion of C++ STL code in Pd devel branch
> ...uh, I don't object to object's 8~P

You know, there is a book in which every chapter starts with a quote and
that the one on Object-Oriented Programming starts with one from the
dictionary, citing the definition of the verb "object" instead of,
presumably, the noun.

Then I looked into a dictionary, and noted that there were 11 definitions
of the word "object". In fact, looking at this page:

  http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=object

it says that there are 14 definitions, and displays the contents of the
first one, which is itself comprised of 8 sub-definitions.

Well, in computer programming, there happens to be that many definitions
of the word "object", not counting those found in a general dictionary.

That said, not all additions of C++ (compared to C) are about classes and
objects. There are several other features that can help making better
programs.