[PD] [OT] Edirol FA-101 under Linux

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Nov 28 16:08:00 CET 2005

Lots of folks here use the Hammerfall DSP from RME Audio. It can be
tricky to get running on Linux, and be sure that the PCMCIA cardbus
support in your laptop is good, but once it is up it's fantastic. Super
low latency, all sorts of digital in/out and very low noise. No built-in
preamps, but you can add the QuadMic or Octamic from RME for super low
noise preamp stages at a reasonable price.

d.

Stefan Turner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> First post for a long time! This has been asked before
> but I don't think it was ever answered... I'm looking
> to upgrade my laptop soundcard to something with at
> least 8 inputs (and preferably MIDI in and at least
> one XLR preamp). The Edirol FA-101 sounds ideal and is
> apparently supported by Freebob ( freebob.sf.net ).
> Just wondering, has anybody got this working with Pd
> under Linux? Or if not are there any other recommended
> alternatives suitable for a laptop?
>
> Thanks
> Stefan Turner

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl