[PD] Re: [OT] Edirol FA-101 under Linux

Stefan Turner stefanlturner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 20:23:23 CET 2005

> An alternative to consider might be a small barebone
> system, where you
> can use a good and inexpensive PCI card like the
> M-Audio Delta 1010LT
> directly. You know, something like the MSI Hetis
> 915:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/slim_pc/slm_index.php

Thanks Frank that's an excellent idea, especially as I
was hoping to (later) upgrade my laptop. Just one
question: how easy is it to set up Linux (specifically
Fedora if possible) to automatically login, and load
up Jack and PD, for when I leave the screen and
keyboard at home during gigs? And how do you tell it
to shutdown???

Cheers
Stefan Turner