[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Dec 12 18:24:26 CET 2005

Hi all,

>> I kind of agree. but on the other hand it really sucks to make non
>> english tutorials/workshops since the comments don't accept other
>> than english chars.
>
> Yes, it's very difficult to explain new pd-users why the character set
> of my Commodore 64 was bigger than in pd ;-)
>
> I think this part of pd is very, very out-of-date and pd should
> support blanks, backslashes, (please!) escape codes and other chars
> than english. I know that this issue was very often discussed here and
> I know there is a solution for that. Could a developer comment this?
> Should we  vote for that?

in the discussion about that on the list some months ago - hard to
believe - some people insisted that escaping etc. is not needed. My
opinion is the opposite.

I believe it's quite some work to include these features, alongside
with problems coming from the PD-TCL communication ( see the open bug
report
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1359216&group_id=55736&atid=478070 ).
For me personally this is not a problem, because i rely on the devel
branch where DesireData will take these things into account.

best greetings,
Thomas