[PD] Fading between 4 videos - performance issues

Nuno Godinho eu at nunogodinho.com
Tue Dec 13 19:32:20 CET 2005

Hi there,

I tried to use Quicktime instead of DV. The 4 clips are like 10x bigger and
the problem remains unchanged.

I also tried to add some [change] objects wondering if I wasn't unecessarily
stressing some objects forcing repeated calculations but still everything is
slow as a rowing boat.

I even removed 2 clip leaving only 2, and still everything was slow. I even
tried with only one clip and noticed that, although the clips was running
smoothly [ctlin] had a significant delay and after I moved the fader would
only reflect the changes after almost one second. Weird, isn't it?

Since I received that email from Chris Klippel suggesting I am overloading
the buffers, I think I will give pix_mix another try. I guess the mix in
pix_mix is done before the buffers, right?

Thanks,
Nuno