[PD] Fading between 4 videos - performance issues

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Dec 13 20:59:30 CET 2005

Am 13.12.2005 um 19:21 schrieb Nuno Godinho:

> Hi,
>
> I see. What you say makes sense.
>
> There's a peculiar behaviour though: I have a [ctlin] followed by a
> [number]
> on top of everything. Even when I get down to one or two videos,
> the [ctlin]
> still has a delay and when I move a fade in my MIDI interface it
> takes it
> one or more seconds to reflect the changes. So everything is
> totally slowed
> down, even with one video. Isn't it strange? Incresing the number
> of videos
> makes it worse, of course.

had the same phenomenon with midi controls and a heavy gem patch
recently. i solved the situation with a workaround: two instances of
pd on the same machine, one receiving the MIDI data from the faders
and redirecting it to netsend localhost. the second instance of pd
was running the gem patch, controlled by the netreceive data. this
was on os x though.

max