[PD] GEM dev distribution

Brad Kligerman bkligerman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:50:41 CET 2005

Hi all/

I'm frustrated by not being able to completely and correctly compile the
latest and the greatest GEM and certain other extensions I use everyday to
build GEM patches. My efforts have been sadly chronicled on this list for
the past several months.

So I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier if I used the same distribution as
GEM's devel people??
1/ Is it correct to assume GEM etc... will compile correctly if I'm using
the same distribution as the people developing it; and
2/ which distribution do most or all of GEM's developers use (though I think
Debian is the correct answer to this one)?

I'm currently using Fedora FC4 for both desktop and server apps, and I'm
otherwise happy with it.

Thanks /Brad.