[PD] Pd compiling

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jan 30 07:40:51 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> since i am no max-user i might talk nonsense here: but i don't think
> that a compiled max-patch is totally self-contained (i mean: it lacks
> the dependency on max; but what else?)

Actually I didn't mean something totally self-contained, I meant something
that can run on the base OS. On Linux this is quite fuzzy but still
libquicktime may be considered for bundling while libc doesn't have to
be bundled, because libquicktime isn't available on all linux setups.

> > It doesn't have much to do with proprietary vs free.
>
> it does have a lot to do with proprietary vs free. the main reason for
> max/msp to offer the functionality of compiling a patch into an
> executable is, that you can give away your patches to people who do not
> own max/msp (and/or are not willing to pay for it)

Oops, you are right, sorry. I don't know what I was thinking about.