[PD] no signal from osc~??

dafydd hughes dafydd61 at sideshowmedia.ca
Wed Feb 8 01:06:57 CET 2006

Hi Jacob
On 7-Feb-06, at 6:47 PM, Jacob Last wrote:

> I've been unfortunately away from Pd for awhile, but I'm back...

Welcome back.

>  i get absolutely no sound from the [osc~] object. it does show
> some signal when attached to an [env~] but nothing comes out of my
> speakers.

What frequency is the osc~ set to?  Is it out of the range of
hearing?  If you didn't give it a creation argument and you don't
send it a frequency via its inlet you end up (I think) with a freq of
0.  (If this is the case, for the love of Benji, turn down your
speakers before correcting the problem:)

> other things work, like [noise~] for instance, and others don't,
> like [vcf~] (this doesn't show up on an [env~]). this seems very
> odd to me, any clues?

vcf~, being a filter, won't give you anything unless you're feeding
it a signal.

cheers
dafydd

www.sideshowmedia.ca