[PD] Re: osx problems with xsample

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:43:49 CET 2006

hi again

>> I downloaded the latest versions of the externals and different
>> versions of PD again, and tested it on my previous laptop that has the
>> same OS, this is 10.3.9 . It runs fine there (powerbook G4, 1.2) but
>> not on the current one (iBook G3, 500mhz)
>
> Oh well. Please note that y binaries are compiled for Altivec which is
> not available on the G3. When i got the time i'll try to build a special
> version and put it on the website.

mmm... thats really bad news for me. How about compiling it myself on my
laptop? do you think it is feasible? please bear in mind that i am not
experienced on compiling and less under OSX, and i dont have the
developers cd installed I probably need it to get the gcc compiler and
libraries required, maybe i would need to install it ... Lot of
compiling this days actually :)