[PD] playback pix_film Gem stutters

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Fri Mar 3 20:37:15 CET 2006

Hi all,

The playback of video samples (photo-jpg/320 x 240) via pix_film in Gem
does give me a stuttering result. It looks like the frame rate (25 ps)
is not stable when
[auto $1] is connected to pix_film. I tried to adjust the frame rate of
gemwin (everything from 15 till 40), but this doesn't fix it.

However, when I use a manual counter (metro 40) which is connected to
the right inlet of pix_film, the video plays smoothly. But, when I try
to loop the sample, it hangs on the last frame.

Did anyone else have this problem and found ways to fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Sara