[PD] Re: [PD-dev] We've got to undo the MIDI revolution! - Where isOSC?!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 14 00:23:09 CET 2006

Hallo,
Patrick Pagano hat gesagt: // Patrick Pagano wrote:

> on this note could someone post some examples of using OSC properly?
> If possible soem simple examples of OSC coming from maybe
> Supercollider3 to control Gem?  Vice versa? I would love to explore
> it some more.

RRADical is full of OSC. But using OSC is very simple, if you know
Pd's [route] object, and I suppose you do. [OSCroute] is very similar,
but instead of routing the first element in a list, it routes the
first "path" element in a string. Example:

      [/some/osc/path foo bar(

      [OSCroute /some]

      Result:
      "/osc/path foo bar"

In Gem, you could for example work like this:

      [OSCroute /cube /sphere]

      [OSCroute /trans /rot]

      [unpack 0 0 0] ...
    [translateXYZ] ...

And you can send a message like: "/cube/trans 1 2 -1" or
"/sphere/rot -180"

That's OSC.

Ciao