[PD] [Gem] something in the water does not compute

adrian vacca at goto10.org
Thu Mar 16 20:23:20 CET 2006

hi list,

coming from sc-land, i am quite a (gem) newbie, though i used a
precompiled gem on osx before.
i was trying to get Gem to compile lately, but was not very succesfull.
i use pd-0.39-1test1, first Gem would not compile, then i configured
--without-mpeg3
(basically i just wanted to generate some graphics, don't realy need
to use any media input now)
that would compile but still i got
	undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB
upon starting pd, and no working Gem...
i am almost as sure this is a mistake on my side (maybe missing
proper deps/configuration)
as i am sure there's an easy recovery from this tragedy,
please tell me (also if more info is needed) :)

thanks lots,
adrian
(this is on gentoo-linux, pentium3)