[PD] newbie problem compiling dssi~

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:10:51 CEST 2006

On 3/27/06, Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk> wrote:

> Libero,
>
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:24:28 +0300
> "Libero Mureddu" <libero.mureddu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > I think the compilation phase went well: here is the result, and I've
> > got a brand new dssi~.pd_darwin in the dssi folder. Here follow the
> > compilation message from the terminal.
> >
> > cc -DPD -O3 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
> > -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -L/usr/local/lib/ -I ./ -I ../src
> > -I/usr/local/include/ -I ./include -I/usr/local/include/dssi/ -o
> > dssi~.o -c src/dssi~.c
> > cc -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -llo -o dssi~.pd_darwin dssi~.o
> > rm -f *.o
> >
> > But, when I try to load the dssi~ object, differently from your
> > binary, I get from pd the following error:
> >
> > /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/dssi~.pd_darwin:
> > dlopen (/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/dssi~.pd_darwin,
> > 10): Symbol not found: _LADSPAPluginSearch
> > Referenced from:
> > /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/dssi~.pd_darwin
> > Expected in: flat namespace
> >
> > dssi~
> > ... couldn't create
> >

> This is my fault again! I haven't updated the CVS makefile for a while. I've now put the 'correct' makefile in CVS.
>
> Thanks for your patience with this.

Hi, I'm an happy tester, don't worry :-)
Unfortunately, I get the same error as above. I just briefly resume what I did:
cd to the external folder,
cvs update -d,
in the list of updated items there is a line with: M
postlude/dssi/makefile, and again, make and copied the dssi~pd_darwin
to the extra folder in the pd.app.

> > (BTW, is there a way on pd on mac to copy and paste the messages from
> > Pd window?)
> >

> Have you tried ctrl-V instead of Apple-V. Other than that - I'm a mainly a Linux user, so I couldn't tell you.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Libero