[PD] compile pd on ubuntu 5.10

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:52:39 CEST 2006

> The above problem was caused because the patches to Pd core were not
> applied before compiling. You need to "cd packages && make patch_pd"
> before compiling to make sure all the required patches are included.

thanks for the reply. I tried what you said, but it just provokes more
mistakes or questions which I don't even know how to answer, I just said
"y" to everything. Here is a transcript, in case you think it might be
necessary - which it might not, due to the next point you raised.

> Also, it will take a lot of manual tweaking unless you use the same
> version of Pd-core as the Pd-extended build system (currently, its on
> 0.39.2).

ok, then how do I get the "correct" version? to get everything I just
followed the instructions given on the
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Debian page. Which until now it was
the nearest to ubuntu that could be found, I think. I thought that once
these were documented, they would be the right steps to do.

[If anyone's interested I can even make a direct ssh connection with
someone that could compile this on this system and let him work.]