[PD] compile pd on ubuntu 5.10

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:44:41 CEST 2006

>> [If anyone's interested I can even make a direct ssh connection with
>> someone that could compile this on this system and let him work.]
>> <make-patch_pd.txt>
>
> This is actually quite helpful for getting the bugs worked out and the
> problems with the documentation fixed up. I added some more info to the
> bottom of this page:
>
> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/Debian
>
> To the "Checking out..." and "Building" sections.

ok, that helps a bit. But please, don't forget that (as I see it) the
purpose is to make a documentation for someone who doesn't know the
commands or the system. Or documentation wouldn't be necessary at all.
Instead of

cvs checkout -r v0-39-2 pd

the full comands for cvs should be

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data
checkout -r v0-39-2 pd

or at least only that way worked here. (of course it took me 1/2hour to
check out the other page and try around until it worked. as I said, I'm
not a programmer, and I'm not a linuxer, all these commands are new to me,
and I guess they should be also for anyone else who takes the suggestions
to try to use a better system than windows)
But this then opens up a newer question: if pd and the externals must be
"in sync", then how is it possible to know what's to do? I can now put
this information on the page, but in one month it will be out of date.

Ok, the compiling goes one step further, but not enough yet. I took out pd
.40 and installed .39-2. Then sudo make patch_pd , cd linux_make/ , sudo
make install , and in the end there are still some errors. What went wrong
is:

`-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
d_fft.c:513:2: Fehler: #else hinter #else
d_fft.c:43:1: Fehler: die Bedingung begann hier
make[2]: *** [makefile.dependencies] Fehler 1
make[1]: [pd] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)
`-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
d_fft.c:513:2: Fehler: #else hinter #else
d_fft.c:43:1: Fehler: die Bedingung begann hier
make[2]: *** [d_fft.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [pd_install] Fehler 2
make: *** [install] Fehler 2

what went right is on the attached file.