[PD] readanysf~ control output of seconds played

Gerda Strobl gerda.strobl at student.TUGraz.at
Tue Apr 4 10:14:31 CEST 2006

august wrote:

>Gerda,
>
>just so you know, you can increase the resolution of the information
>output of readanysf~ by sending it a [set_tick n(  message, where n
>is some integer value.
>
>[set_tick 1( means it will output the soundfile info every time at the audio
>rate...which is set to default at 64 samples.  That would be very fast,
>and probably very undesirable if you are showing the numbers in your
>patch.  It will eat your CPU.
>
>I think readanysf~ will have a tick of 100 by default, or once every
>6,400 audio samples (for a block size of 64).
>
>viel spass -august.

Hi August,
cool--I just saw that you actuallay included the [set_tick] message in
your helpfile-I completely overlooked that.  But thanks for your
detailed explanation, that' useful.

lg
Gerda