[PD] Cyclone breaks, WinXP Pd-extended 0.38.4

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Fri Apr 14 01:03:34 CEST 2006

Hello,
Anybody know why cyclone objects always "break" for me? This is what happens:

1. I create the object, everythin is fine.

2. I need to move the object at some point, and the text moves, but the
OBJECT BOX stays put.

3. After this, the object breaks completely. When I reload the saved patch
I get text where the object should be, no connections, and error messages
like these:

pack_problem.pd 21 0 24 0 (text->print) connection failed
pack_problem.pd 22 0 21 1 (message->text) connection failed
pack_problem.pd 23 0 21 0 (message->text) connection failed

So it seems that PD is turning my Cyclone object into text!!!

*See attached patch, which also references the previous problem I was
working on...

~David