[PD] calling all newbies! intro tutorial

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 14 19:55:29 CEST 2006

(I cc'ed the list since this might be of general interest)

On Apr 14, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Peter Worth wrote:

> I just finished a decently flushed out sketch of an intro tutorial
> and I would love some feedback.  Give it a shot:
>
> http://puredata.org/Members/hans/downloads/
> intro_tutorial_2006-04-12.zip
>
> There is still a lot of material to cover, but this covers the
> foundations.  Plus there should be more exercises.
>

> wow! this looks excellent. i'll be working my way through it next
> week some time i think. thanks.

I've cranked out a bunch more, plus a nifty pager object which allows
you to navigate the patches with forward/back buttons.  I'll post an
update soon, today hopefully.

> is there anything in there on data structures? thats what i'll be
> looking for soon.
>
> pete.

I won't have time to do a data structures tutorial any time soon, but
there are some basic things here:

http://puredata.org/docs/tutorials/
One thing that this process has gotten me thinking is that these
tutorials should be broken up into a lot of smaller units.  Something
like 10-20 patches per unit.  Then for a workshop, you would use a
few units per day.

____

publicity.

                       - Bill Moyers