[PD] how to generate such a signal in pd?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 24 17:11:20 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 15:33 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > > thanks for the patch. i'm rather looking for something in the
> > audio-domain.
> >
> > Cyrille's patch *is* in the audio domain. I would recommend to use
> > vline~ instead of line~ though, because vline~ isn't quantized to
> > blocksize.
>
> well, i'd recommend to use a sample & hold unit to avoid message
> synchronization ...

Only your patch is not doing what Roman wanted: It doesn't have a
constant rise in its output. You're basically doing a random amplitude
modulation of [phasor~] however Roman wants a random phase modulation.

It's not really trivial to do Roman's randphasor with [phasor~]
because [phasor~]'s phase inlet is not a signal inlet.

Ciao