[PD] PDDP meeting?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Apr 25 20:49:31 CEST 2006

Hi HC, Adam,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am not opposed to things like PDB or ways of searching for existing
> objects.  But if you are going to learn the object, functional examples
> work best.  But a manual would not be a good way to search for objects.

In general, I don't really agree that a manual with pictures of patches
would be very useful. The functionality to learn and experiment by
changing things really isn't there.

OTOH, one thing that people in my workshops are always asking for is a
list of all the objects, including the externals. There isn't really one
place to get all this, except online with the PDB, but that's not a good
reference when you don't have any net access. I tried maintaining a text
file with as many as I could, but it's very incomplete.

My suggestion would be to make a "dictionary" of objects, maybe sorted
by name, library or general function (dataflow, 3d, audio, video,
I/O...), such as the directories which were made by the user community
for CSound. That might be useful as a PDF or hardcopy even. The PDcyclopia?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 109: