[PD] a little ot: creative commons

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Thu Jun 15 16:02:01 CEST 2006

Le 15 Juin 2006 06:28, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> Damian Stewart hat gesagt: // Damian Stewart wrote:
> > many years ago, Frakn Barknecht wrote:
> > >several problems with several things (see debian.org). Darn, I don't
> > >know much else than that I don't like CC, and I can't even put my CC
> > >aversion into sensible words.
> >
> > i'm interested in whether you still feel this Frank, and if you've made
> > any progress at putting your aversion into words.
>
> Interestingly some other people put it into words:
> http://www.metamute.org/?q=en/Freedoms-Standard-Advanced
> http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/entry-20050920.html

The problem is that we tend to believe that CC licenses are either all good
or all bad. A licence is not a trademark. CC is not a license, its an
experimental legal framework to challenge the traditional conception of
copyright. The GPL is endorsed by CC, but the FSF is pissed off because the
CC is not an ideological movement, it's a place where lawyers and the
general public can have some fun, together. The CC initiative is fine, as
long as we take the time to understand their (easy) licenses.
--
Marc