[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 18 21:50:14 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i'm just curious ... why would it make sense to have a metro granularity
> smaller than the scheduler granularity of the operating system or the
> granularity of the dsp blocksize?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with "granularity" here, but if you
could only generate messages in steps of ~1.5 msec or 64 samples at
44.1kHz you could forget about using Pd to do techno music someone
would actually dance to.

I don't know many use cases where you need a [metro 0.2] but I know
many cases where you need an exact [metro 100.2]. Thankfully Pd
provides this.

Ciao