[PD] getting pd to see a shared library...that it looks at all the time.

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:44:50 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been using this shared library in an external I've been working on for
the past few months .  Lately,  Pd will occasionally complain:

/home/fish/sdifpd/dummy.pd_linux: libsdif-3.10.5.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
 dummy
... couldn't create

But, other times it works.  Does anyone know more info on things like this?
The library is in /user/local/lib , which is included in the /etc/ld.so.conf
file, and all files associated have full rwx access.   Idunno...but hope to
figure it out.

Regards,
Richie