[PD] gridflow with web-#camera

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 25 02:29:49 CEST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> I added a test patch in /doc/examples.

It was called webcam.pd. There's no /doc/examples in Gridflow's CVS: you
added it in /examples instead. I have just moved and renamed the file as
/doc/flow_classes/#camera-help.pd because [#camera] doesn't have a help
file and because it doesn't belong in /examples, which is for demoing
what's possible with GridFlow (generally large patches), whereas
/doc/flow_classes is for help files (which are small patches except for
the larger number of comments in them).

> Once you have it running, you have to select the "colorspace YUV420P" and
> "transfer read" options and select the YUV -> RGB conversion.

Yes. That's because I don't know an automatic way to detect the transfer
type (how to download images from the driver), and each driver may skip
implementation of one of the two ways, because it's not implemented in a
global way. The rest is because kernel authors *forbid* driver authors
from implementing any color conversions inside the driver. (!!!)

To anyone dealing with Video4Linux 1: What's a good way of autodetecting a
suitable colorspace ?