[PD] data structures feedback

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 2 13:33:26 CEST 2006

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> I was thinking about something which might not be possible for now:
>
> I have a window with some data structures. I wanted to click on any of
> them cause something on an other point of the patch (play a sample, move
> something, etc), like if it would be a gui object. So far as I know, for
> now that's not possible to do, is it? I was considering creating a small
> bang button near each structure, but when the window is rescaled the
> proportions will be lost, and nothing will correspond with nothing.

Some more ways to evaluate mouse events definitely would be nice to
have in Pd. for now I would recommend [tot] for this. You use it with
the subpatches name like [tot data] for a [pd data] subpatch, send it
a [capture 1( message and then it will report from its third outlet
messages like "motion x y" etc.  which you can [route] and work with.

> By the way, is there any place with updated documentation about data-s? I
> realised from some patches that it's possible to set the ranges of a float
> with something like "float 10:20", but that's not documented.

It's not documented in the reference patches yet, but in
doc/4.data.structures/*.pd

"f(0:100)(0:20)" is documented in doc/4.data.structures/09.scaling.pd

Ciao