patch parameterisation: was [PD] abstractions which have their own memory

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Wed Jul 5 14:06:28 CEST 2006

Am 05.07.2006 um 13:09 schrieb cyrille henry:
> i personnaly choose to avoid netsend / netreceive and compute
> everything in the same cpu/gpu. this is more optimised thant having
> lots of netsend/receive, so i've got better results when i have
> lot's of data for audio / video synthesys...

this is interesting. i have made opposite experiences. to avoid
lockup of pd and audio-glitches i have to use more than one instance
of pd. preferably one with audio computation on and the other one
off. also midi interfaces become often completely useless when trying
to control gem stuff. so i use another instance to translate the midi
into netsend and receive the data to control the things in the other
instance which does the rendering. it is an awkward work-around but
according to my experience a necessary one.
could this be a bit platform specific too? i have this trouble on os
x and have seen the same behavior on m$ win too. is it possible that
this problem doesn't occur on linux?

m.