patch parameterisation: was [PD] abstractions which have their own memory

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Jul 5 18:43:01 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:
>
>>> (It's very high with
>>> my experimental ODE-pyexternal, but that is to be expected from rigid
>>> body physics. ;)
>> well, one problem i imagine with ode is that regarding the algorythm
>> used, time  need for each iteration could not be constant.
>> i.e processing power depend of the curent state of the simulation.
>> do you have such problem or not?
>
> It is a problem in theory, yes, because contact joints get created
> depending on the current position of objects etc. But in practice I
> didn't hit it yet, which might be related to the fact, that using much
> more than, say, 75-100 geometries is too much for my system anyway. ;(
that's a big problem.

> But working with rigid bodies is very interesting, because for example
> you can make bouncing balls that not only have position, speed and
> acceleration (3x3=9) parameters, but they also have current
> orientation, rotation speed and rotation forces. So even with just one
> mass point, or rather: body one gets to use a lot more data to use for
> control or audio processes (like using acceleration for volume and
> rotation speed for frequency of an oscillator).

you can create a cube with 8 ponctual spheres. it's not really the same
as rigid body simulation, but it's also a solution to create rotation
etc. The pb comes from interaction beetween this structures...

i think the solution will comes with physical stuf hardcoded in the
graphic card.

cyrille