[PD] starting up comport on windows extended test release

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Fri Jul 7 09:50:44 CEST 2006

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Ward wrote:

> i sent this yesterday but i dont think it went, apologies if it did. anyway
>
> Hi,
> Im a bit stuck here
> On windows PD extended latest test release. If i create [comport 2 9600]
> it gives the error
>
> [comport] ** ERROR ** could not reset params to DCB of port 3
>
> [comport] invalid handle for COM

[comport 0 9600] and [comport 1 9600] work fine for me. Are you sure you want to
connect to COM3? [comport 2] is COM3!!!

And yes, comport changed recently. BTW, there's a bug mentioned by HCS about
crashing pd on extensive transmitions via comport. If you find any other
problems, send it to this list, please.

br, Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak