[PD] pd DJ

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 03:32:30 CEST 2006

Not myself, but I think you could easily recreate
what Traktor does and add a few of your own efx too.

Pd isn't really an application - think of it as
an application toolkit maybe - you build your
own gadgets to do what you want.

I built a little "turntable emulator" once that
allows you to speed up, kill power, do back spins
and scratches, switch between 78, 45, 33 and 16
(I'm showing my age I know :).

The core components you would need are the audio file
players [readsf~] or [sfread~] (I forget which one
is deprecated) or [playanysf~] for mp3 and ogg too.

All you need to do very creative DJing is a few
of these and a crossfader or two. Have a go it's
not as difficult as it sounds. Chances are though
theres a DJ lurking in here who has already built
something like it.. ;)