[PD] Key-repeat makes keyboard-pianokeys impossible?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 10:22:21 CEST 2006

Thanks all for your input [bang(-[laughs].  I ended up making some
AppleScripts to switch Key Repeat on and off... you'll have to go into
your Universal Access prefpane and switch on "Enable access for
assistive devices" before they'll work.

Edit KeyboardRepeatOn.scpt to set your preference for the delay
between holding a key and the beginning of repeat - it is currently
set to 4.0 in the script (0 is off, 6.0 is shortest) and will replace
your current setting if you do not do so.

You can of course trigger these via Quicksilver/ScriptsMenu/etc., or
do as I did and code them into your patch via
[osascript ~/Library/Scripts/KeyboardRepeatOff.scpt(

[shell]

Thanks Hans for your tip on HID - I'll probably get around to
rebuilding my patch around it eventually.

Luke