[PD] how to set variable types

AshK ashk at azylum.net
Sat Jul 29 16:05:40 CEST 2006

I tried the same patch on MacOSX and Debian and it seems to be a bug on
the Linux build : I'm sending the outlet of [f $1] to both a number box
and a [print] and in Linux the print returns the right value but the
number box stays at 0 (yes sorry for the precedent statement it is not
actually empty, it displays 0) but that same patch in MacOSX displays
the same value in both the print area and the number box. That's why I
thought I wasn't sending the right type to the number box since
something was coming out for [print] but not for the number box.

I built this pd extended from CVS about 2 months ago with help from Hans
since it's on Linux/PPC and there were some problems. I guess I have to
build it again.

and I thought I was going to make music today :) I'm going to buy a
guitar...

thanks for your help