[PD] Human interface Devices for PD

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 31 00:16:41 CEST 2006

thewade wrote:

> What would be even better would be if someone can point me to a kit I
> could build myself that I could hook up to a variable resistor, like a
> pan-pot, that could interface with PD in a continuous way (obviously
> there would be some sampling rate involved).

The attached schematic shows the simplest way I've found to make a MIDI
interface. The PIC 16F88 has 7 analog channels (pins RA4-0 and RB7 and
6) that could be interfaced to potentiometers of less than about
10kilohms for 10-bit resolution. If you have access to a PIC programmer
I can provide the code in an open-source way.

Martin