[PD] array copy speed test

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 17:09:25 CEST 2006

> On Aug 1, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > however, lately i've been implementing these algorithms with
> > compile-time loop unrolling using c++ template metaprogramming
> > techniques, which gives another performance boost of about 1.2 to 1.5,
> > depending on the block size ...
>
> ...sounds good:  I've just been learning about templates and generic
> programming in general...on my to-do list, I've long dreamed of
> adding macstl (don't be fooled by the name, it supports altivec/sse/
> sse2) support to pd and friends:  you might wanna take a look, it's
> just some headers :-)

i had a brief look at macstl ... a std::valarray with simd
instructions ... that looks really good ...
i'm just curious, if it contains support for non-trivial algorithms like
clipping and such ... i'll definitely have a closer look at the
implementation ...

cheers ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can
leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
  William S. Burroughs