[PD] PD markov object

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 2 09:03:58 CEST 2006

c.m.bryan wrote:
> Alright, I installed mingw on my linux box and test-compiled an exe
> which ran ok.  I took the original markov makefile and simply changed
> all the ".pd_linux" to ".dll", and changed the gcc call to
> i386-mingw32-gcc.  This gave me a dll without errors: however, trying
> to load it in pd gives:
>
> C:\\WINDOWS\\DESKTOP\\PD-0.38-4\\PD-0.38-4-DEVEL-2\\extra\\markov.dll:
> couldn't load
> markov
> ... couldn't create
>
> The "couldn't load" error tells me that it's seeing the file
> correctly, it just can't handle it.
>
> Looking at other pd makefiles, they're calling "cl" and "link" to
> generate the .dll, but they're not part of mingw.
>
> Am I missing something?

yes. look at the iemmatrix makefile generated when you follow the
instructions for cross-compiling. it is different from the linux-gcc
makefile (and even more different from the makefile you posted)

the most important thing is the "-mms-bitfields" flag to the compiler,
which gets the registers right for libraries to be loaded by
applications compiled with msvc (like vanilla pd.exe)

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes