[PD] Iterative text with Gem?

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Aug 8 09:34:18 CEST 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, B. Bogart wrote:
> Maybe a string type should be higher on the PD list than a video/image
> type?

In order to not confuse the user with the differences between strings and
symbols, I would say a garbage collector for symbols would be a good idea.

We would have to adapt externals that use symbols in that case, but for
the user it would be transparent, which means no memory leak anymore.

I have been working a bit on a system like this, but nothing to show
around yet. And chances that it gets accepted by Miller are slim I fear :(

Günter