[Pd] qjackctl transport

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 17:40:06 CEST 2006

On 8/8/06, David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really surprised that this doesn't exist - it would seem rather
> essential for a lot of composers, and rule Linux out as a viable option for
> them. I hope this won't be forever before it gets implemented.

I have yet to find it.  If I had any inkling how I'd gladly write an
extension to Rosegarden or Muse.

> So, Chuckk, is your idea to just load the video in GEM, and compose the
> music somewhere else with GEM synchronized?

Pretty much.  Though I guess the sound from the original video would
still be a problem.
I'd actually like to just have the Jack transport send certain
messages to Pd, and Pd be programmed to respond however you want.

I took a look at the Jack API where it addresses the transport, but
alas it's Greek to me.

-Chuckk