[PD] Real Time Composition Library

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 8 22:40:57 CEST 2006

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> I recently came across RTC-lib for Max here:
> http://www.essl.at/works/rtc.html
>
> I thought that it would be great to make a similar library for PD, perhaps
> even mimicing some of the functionality of those objects, only using PD
> objects.

I started porting RTC to Pd already, but lost track of it after one
afternoon. It's actually not hard to do:

You use [cyclone] to import the Max patches by starting "pd -lib
cyclone", creating a [cyclone] object and clicking on it.

Thein you clone the missing objects, several of which are already done
in [list]-abs, so you can just create wrapper abstractions using the
names they have in RTC-lib. The missing objects then need to be
patched by hand, some are also available as externals.

Attached is the small handful of patches I already did (prepent.pd is
missing, it's just [list prepend $1]---[list trim])

I think, one should also ask Karlheinz Essl for permission to do this
in the end, though I guess he won't mind.

Ciao