[PD] sending to arbitrary receivers

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 11 07:44:31 CEST 2006

Hallo,
geiger hat gesagt: // geiger wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > We already have this functionality as externals (sprinkler) and as
> > a message-based solution, so I don't see the reason for such a patch.
>
> Are you referring to the second proposal or to the whole patch ?
> While I think that it is probably better not to implement the
> sprinkler like behaviour, I think the second inlet would be a very
> welcome addition.

I was referring to the whole patch, but thinking about it a bit more,
I guess, the second inlet would indeed do no harm and could be handy
sometimes. Basically it does the same as the "addsemi" message to a
message box, but it probably is a bit faster.

The sprinkler-part of the patch is not needed then at all, as you
could just split off the first element of an incoming list and route
it to the second inlet of the new [send].

Ciao