[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 13 18:20:22 CEST 2006

There's a girl studying composition here who writes kind of new-agey
piano-voice stuff, maybe a la Tori Amos, definitely a la some anime
themes, and we were chatting once (my motivation was not strictly
musical) when she said, "I really like to write mixolydian, I just
feel like that's my mode."  What do you say to that?  "My apartment
seems very mixolydian"?
 We  can make a mixolydian mode sounding lydian (my favorite) as well as  sounding like other modes, for any chord in the major scale, we just  have to insist
  on the pattern of the lydian arpeggio, for having a lydian sounding  mixolydian, where the chord would also tend to be the fourth of the  major scale with using the fifth note for the bass.

  ( Just try that, and you will sound like F. Zappa in Inca Road's  chorus, or Shut Up And Play Guitar's solo, which is from the same song).

  Using pentatonic scales would multiply by seven the number of combinations of a mode sounding.