[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 14 01:51:09 CEST 2006

hello,

padawan12 <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> a écrit :    >, basically letting some pitches
>lead others which makes transitions between one triad
>an another "allowed" and "correct"

  One thing very important, is the rythm, made of strong beats (2,4),
  and weak beats (1,3) in a four beats pattern.

  The harmony is following this law of strong and weak beats,
  on the weak beats we play the the chord that is following harmony (the correct ones),
  on the strong beat we play out of tune (diminished chords are almost always used to go out of tune, but we can also play one half tone above or below) and this is very "allowed".
   Also we can do the same thing with odd (weak) and even (strong) number of bar in a sequence.

  What have been driving jazz improvisators to follow this logic is very simple,
  the last bar (even) must be the 7 dominant, then we are allowed to play anything,
  the best choice would be about playing the tritonic substitution,
   which gives a chromatic chaining of cords, like Maria has been explaining before,
  and players like saxophonists have a lot of abilities for playing fast chromatically.

  Patco.