[PD] jittering sensors

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Aug 16 01:54:51 CEST 2006

derek holzer wrote:

> If all the IRQ stuff that was just suggested doesn't make you happy,
> try this:
>
> [sensor input]
> |
> [pack 0 n]     (where 'n' = the time in miliseconds you would like
> your signal smoothed by)
> |
> [line]     (or [line~] if you are using it to control an audio signal]
> |
> [expr x]  (where 'x' is some math to get the numbers where you need them)
> |
> [whatever happens next]

This adds latency and results are still (albeit less) jumpy.

To smooth out a signal coming from a control (especially for midi ctls)
i use:

[input]

[sig~]

[lop~ n]         (try a n value between 20 and 50)

[whatever]

Found the trick above posted on this list by somebody else.

c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com

On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT
        -- Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo, restrugo at fateware.com