[PD] current sample that is played in an array

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 19 19:49:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 21:12 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> If you're playing with [readsf~] it's a bit harder. But you know when
> you start the file because you did bang [readsf~] at that time. So
> what I would do is to also bang a [vline~] at that point and let it go
> for a long time at the speed of your sample rate. See attached patch
> for the principle in action.

why doing it with expensive [vline~]? wouldn't be a [timer] as precise
as [vline~]?

without having seen your patch, i'd propose something like:

[timer]

[* 44.1] <- or your SR/1000

[int]

isn't the [timer]-version even more precise, when the [readsf~]is
triggered by a [metro] or a [delay]? i mean, [vline~] has some kind of
time-stamp handling, which [readsf~] hasn't afaik. so the result of
[vline~]-measurement might be wrong by max. 64 samples, wouldn't it?
tell me, if i am producing rubbish-theories.......

roman