[PD] current sample that is played in an array

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 19 20:27:18 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> why doing it with expensive [vline~]? wouldn't be a [timer] as precise
> as [vline~]?
>
> without having seen your patch, i'd propose something like:
>
> [timer]
> [* 44.1] <- or your SR/1000
> [int]
>
> isn't the [timer]-version even more precise, when the [readsf~]is
> triggered by a [metro] or a [delay]? i mean, [vline~] has some kind of
> time-stamp handling, which [readsf~] hasn't afaik. so the result of
> [vline~]-measurement might be wrong by max. 64 samples, wouldn't it?
> tell me, if i am producing rubbish-theories.......

I don't have any good reasons to defend my more complicated solution
against your simpler suggestion of using [timer]. ;)

But [timer] would be as precise or wrong as [vline~] as both are
getting their time from the Pd clock with possibly in-block starting
points, while readsf~ will start quantized to the block size, if I'm
right.

Ciao