[PD] ieee1394 for gem | cvs | make gives an error

patritsch at gmx.ch patritsch at gmx.ch
Tue Aug 29 15:40:58 CEST 2006

jau, i got it : )

thanx all of you guys : )

.b.
i tried it with your binary. but i it doesn't found the same libaries
you have, so i made many symlinks... i've fixed many of them, but i
couldn't find all.

IOhannes
make distclean #was really my problem : ) unbeliveable how easy i forget
such things!

>i just fixed the filmDS-code to compile on platforms without DIRECTSHOW.
>either check out the (tiny) change or delete the Pixes/filmDS* files (on
>linux you don't need them anyhow)

this problem is realy fixed now : ) thanx alot.

Mathieu Bouchard
>forget it, GEM's DV1394 support uses a Linux driver so flaky that when I
>tried porting it to GridFlow i froze my machine solid every time I tried it.

it works now on my machine - with gem : ) ( i didn't tried gridflow )
first my cpu had a bit probs, but when i changed it to the full power status
#cpufreq-set -f 1.4G it works really great : ) by the way, i had yesterday a francophonical visitor from montreal : ) she's studying art and is the girlfriend
of a good friend : ) my french was worse but the evening was great.

for documentary:

(getting the newest gem cvs)

#export PKG_FTGL_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs ftgl | sed 's/-lftgl/-lftgl_pic/g'`
#autoconf
#./configure --with-ieee1394-includes=/usr/include/libraw1394/ --with-ieee1394-libs=/lib/modules/2.6.16.9/kernel/drivers/ieee1394/
#make distclean
#make

great list : )
greetings,