[PD] same extra patch for different pd versions

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 29 22:30:57 CEST 2006

Zitat von Patco <megalegoland at yahoo.fr>:

> zmoelnig at iem.at a écrit :
>

>> how do you make links on ntfs/fat32 ?
>
> I select the dll with mouse's right click and select create a
> shortcut to a specified folder (it's almost like with KDE)

are you sure this works?

afaik, w32 "shortcuts" are not "links" (as in unix) but ("text") files
which hold the name of the file they are "referencing" too. btw, these
files have the extension .lnk

the application has to be aware of the meaning of such files and
evaluate them accordingly (w32 explorer naturally has this built in,
but i doubt whether pd could use it "out of the box")

so w32 "links" are one of the biggest fakes in fs history. i hope they
have a patent on it.

otoh, if it works: fine (they have finally have managed to mount
harddisks into an existing filesystem (whoa) and not as "X:"; probably
they have implemented links too)

and if it does work: put all your externals into one directory (with
subdirectories) and just link this directory to the various versions of
pd.

fmga.d
IOhannes