[PD] same extra patch for different pd versions

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 29 22:55:37 CEST 2006

zmoelnig at iem.at a écrit :
> Zitat von Patco <megalegoland at yahoo.fr>:
>
>> zmoelnig at iem.at a écrit :
>>

>>> how do you make links on ntfs/fat32 ?
>>
>> I select the dll with mouse's right click and select create a shortcut
>> to a specified folder (it's almost like with KDE)
>>

> are you sure this works?

I didn't try untill right now.

> afaik, w32 "shortcuts" are not "links" (as in unix) but ("text") files
> which hold the name of the file they are "referencing" too. btw, these
> files have the extension .lnk
>
> the application has to be aware of the meaning of such files and
> evaluate them accordingly (w32 explorer naturally has this built in, but
> i doubt whether pd could use it "out of the box")
>
> so w32 "links" are one of the biggest fakes in fs history. i hope they
> have a patent on it.

Once again, You're right, and it didn't worked.

> and if it does work: put all your externals into one directory (with
> subdirectories) and just link this directory to the various versions of pd.

If it was as simple as you are describing, life would be marvelous on
windoz, but it's not. I have to edit each chain value for each external
and each path.

 p4.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Tue Aug 29 20:27:01 GMT 2006

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com