[PD] [urn] in Zexy vs. [urn] in maxlib, cyclone and Max/MSP

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Aug 28 20:58:36 CEST 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> while porting RTC-lib, I've found, that the [urn] object in Zexy
>> behaves slightly different from the one used in Max, Maxlib and
>> Cyclone.
>
> Now you have it: Attached [urne] abstraction is just like all [urn]s
> available except the one from  Zexy.

Sounds like a prime candidate for abstractions/purepd, albeit with
the regular name, [urn].

But as long as these differences are documented, I don't think its
necessarily a problem to have different versions in different
libraries.  Ideally, they would have different, more descriptive
names...

publicity.          - Bill Moyers