[PD] launching PD from python (again)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 6 23:55:02 CEST 2006

I think I figured this out... the first argument in the list should be the
name of the program.  So try:

import os
args = 'C:\\Program Files\\pd\\bin\\pd.exe', '-nogui', 'mypatch.pd'
os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT, 'C:\\Program Files\\pd\\bin\\pd.exe', args)

(I tried running pd from python on my linux system and debugged the
problem by replacing pd with /bin/echo.  Linux highly recommended :)

cheers
Miller